When it comes to shoe shopping, many people may feel overwhelmed by the amount of options available and what they should look for in a shoe. Here are some tips to find the right pair of shoes for you. First, don’t skimp out and buy a cheap pair of shoes; they tend to be of poor comfort and quality. While this doesn’t mean you necessarily need to spend more money, be warier of cheaper shoes. Remember that if you are wearing these shoes all day, buying a more expensive pair that provides top comfort and quality will ultimately be worth it. When you go to try on a new pair, go in the afternoon because feet swell during the day and are at their largest in the afternoon. A pair that fits well in the morning may not in the afternoon, so be on the lookout. Shoes should be snug, not too tight but not too loose. They should also provide wiggle room for the toes. Above all, shoes should be comfortable enough to wear for long periods of time; this is one of the most important tips you can follow.
Getting the right shoe size is an important part of proper foot health. Seek the assistance of Dr. Ian Klein, D.P.M from Florida. Dr. Klein will provide the care you need to keep you pain-free and on your feet.
Getting the Right Shoe Size
There are many people who wear shoes that are the incorrect size, negatively affecting their feet and posture. Selecting the right shoes is not a difficult process, so long as you keep several things in mind when it comes to choosing the right pair.
- When visiting the shoe store, use the tools available to measure your foot.
- Be sure there is ‘wiggle room’. There should be about an inch between your toes and the tip of your shoes.
- Do not always assume you are the same size, as manufacturers run differently.
- Purchase shoes later in the day, as your feet swell as the day progresses.
- If a shoe is not comfortable, it is not suitable. Most shoes can’t be ‘broken in’, and comfort should be the ultimate goal when it comes to choosing the right pair of shoes
As our feet hold our body weight and keep us moving, it is important to treat them right. Picking the right pair of shoes can provide your feet comfort and mobility without pain.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our office located in Saint Petersburg, FL.. We offer the newest diagnostic and treatment technologies for all your foot care needs.Read more about Getting the Right Shoe Size: To Keep Your Feet Happy